Not all disk imaging solutions are created equal. Some programs only back up user files but do not back up boot information and files locked by the operating system. Some don’t reproduce security attributes and still others fail due to incompatible file names and copy protection issues. Even worse, some backup programs can make your computer completely unbootable if you move or realign partitions.
So how can you be sure that your irreplaceable photos, emails, music collections, and financial data are adequately protected and quickly restored in the event of a data loss?
Disk Imaging Solutions: A Closer Look
Did you know that you can create a copy of everything on your hard drive?
A disk image is a complete sector-by-sector copy of everything on your computer or external hard drive; completely capturing all files on your system and faithfully replicating all your data. With full-image backup you protect everything, including boot information, the operation system, settings, and data.
Using an external drive and Acronis True Image 2021, you can typically create a complete disk image in 20 to 90 minutes the first time, and in only minutes each subsequent time.
Why Use Disk Imaging Software?
Rather than spending time managing intricate computer backups, disk imaging allows you to quickly and easily make a perfect copy of your computer’s hard drive. However, it is important to take the time to find the best hard drive imaging software to meet your needs.
When choosing a Windows or Mac full image backup system it is crucial to make an informed decision on which product is right for you. Finding the best image software that is reliable, versatile and easy-to-use is key. The following criteria can help you evaluate the best hard drive imaging software.
The best drive image software is a complete package that does more than just make a backup copy of your hard drive. Disk image programs should be powerful enough to allow you to customize automated images, use your images to create a boot disk and delete or format a drive.
The Best Imaging Software
Acronis True Image 2021 is the best full-image backup software for your Windows and Mac. It is a fast, easy, and complete solution, with the power to let you:
- Schedule automatic backup. The disk-image tool creates a differential or incremental image, which captures only the data that has changed since the last backup.
- Easily copy, format, partition, and even delete a hard drive image. Image deployment, or putting data back onto your hard drive for later use, is simple as well.
- Reinstall the entire system, complete with data, individual files, and applications. Simply execute a few easy image deployment steps.
- Open an image at any time by assigning it a drive letter, making it easier to access copied files, folders, and applications.
- Back up Windows 10, macOS, or Windows 8.1/8/7 locally and to the cloud.
- Back up mobile phones and tablets to your computers and the cloud.
In addition to foolproof recovery, Acronis True Image disk imaging software for Windows offers top-notch customer support. They respond within 24 hours with the best disk imaging software advice either online or over the phone. The Acronis Web site also has FAQ pages and online help forums.
As a high-functionality, disk-imaging product with advanced, user-friendly features and unbeatable customer support, Acronis True Image is the best disk imaging software on the market today.